We knew given the current climate crisis and our love of nature, we wanted to build a place that had a lower carbon impact. We have taken as many steps as we can to be ecologically responsible and a good stewards of our land. We took these things into consideration when we were deciding what type of accommodations we wanted to offer
Below are a few of the steps we’re taking to be kinder to our planet:
- Off grid accommodations use Sun Mar non-electric, self contained composting toliets. Guests waste will be composted separately, for use in the property’s landscaping. (Flowers and non-bearing fruit trees ONLY). By not using “flushing toliets” we save approximately 16 gallons of fresh water, per site, per day.
- Solar lighting outside and rechargeable or battery-operated LED lighting on the inside.
- All mattresses are from Brentwood Home, Avocado Green, which is a Climate Neutral Certified Brand.
Greenguard Gold Certified, “which meets rigorous 3rd party standards for low chemical emissions.”
Fabric and innerspring units are all Standard 100 by OEKO-TEX, “which is one of the world’s best-known textiles tested for harmful substances.”
- Eco-friendly linens and bedding.
- Rugs used in tents are made from recycled fibers and plastics.
- All units have tabletop composting containers for guests’ food waste, which will be composted on-site to use in the garden.
- All units have separated recycling containers for plastic, glass, and paper/cardboard. Recycling and composting is highly encouraged.
- Cleaning and home essential products that are non-toxic, plant-based, cruelty-free, have ethical supply chains, and are made from sustainable materials.
- Toliet tissue products for the bathrooms are made from recycled fibers or bamboo